Twitter Updates!

Questions, ideas, and general discussion of Outer Colony.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Twitter Updates!

Postby Administrator » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:18 pm

And one more tweet this evening for my friends @TheOrangeBison, who were kind enough to retweet and comment on some weather effects shown earlier:
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:56 am

Next, a screenshot of Mantis earlier in the day, having knocked out all existing, reproducible defect tickets. Time for another internal release! (Check your emails shortly!)
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:10 am

A few more tweets to share before I catch some sleep!

Showing off a new feature requested by Jennifer, a button for easily warping back to your colony wherever you are on the world:

Added a control information interface to tell players about controls that might not immediately be apparent. This also came out of testing:

And my Thanksgiving morning tweet, showing off my new colony on an island on our multiplayer server:
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:41 am

Today I implemented a basic chat system for multiplayer. It's got two modes, global chat and /tell chat (private messages). The command format is /tell [playerID] [message]. You can also use /t in place of /tell.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:08 pm

I posted a few tweets about the world narrative thread over the last few days:

And I also tweeted about player to player trade, which I just implemented in multiplayer:
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:32 am

There have been some tremendous posts on the boards today, and I'm aiming to respond to them as soon as possible! I'm slightly bogged down fixing a pretty significant bug that's breaking hydrocarbon refineries and paper mills, but as soon as I can get beyond that, I'll be making some good posts, here.

In the meantime, here are some tweets from the last two days.

First, a tweet showing off my culture policy on Sablonix 3. I just know that a bunch of barbarians and Kelgonians are going to show up to start harassing me, but I'll be ready for 'em:

Second, I added in a couple new item sprites this morning, so I tweeted out all of our item pixel art. I think it looks pretty neat!
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:34 pm

I've almost finished a set of major improvements to the material synthesis system, and I've tried three times to screenshot the new features.

Every freakin' time I load Exquilbe 4, barbarians decide to land, overwhelm my defenses, and embark on a rampage of plunder and destruction. So, fine. The barbarians decided what my #screenshotsaturday tweet would be:
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:57 am

Was working today on fixing some bugs with offworld trade in multiplayer, got everything squared away!
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:27 am

I'm semi-exhausted, so I think I'm going to go to bed early tonight instead of catching up on the latest round of awesome forum posts, but I did get a couple new tweets in:

Showing off the overhaul of the material synthesis system, needed for a bug fix in the previous release. Some slightly discouraging engagement on this, but I'm working hard to make everything as straightforward as possible:

And tweeting out the military training tutorial. I got some really good engagement on this one!
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:30 pm

Tweeted today about the addition of a bit of gore to OC. If a human or creature is killed in such a way that it loses blood, their corpses are now rendered to show it:

I might add in an option to turn the gore on and off, in case players are squeamish.

Return to “Outer Colony Discussion”