Orders lists

Questions, ideas, and general discussion of Outer Colony.
RetroPrincess

Orders lists

Postby RetroPrincess » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:59 pm

Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the orders I have made? In the events I can see what has been completed or what has been initiated but cant be fulfilled but not ongoing orders.
The reason I ask is that I keep forgetting whether I've started something or not :lol:
Torvus

Re: Orders lists

Postby Torvus » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:33 pm

You can. There is a microphone button on the right that, once clicked, will bring up an alphabetical list of all the orders.
I am Torvus. My titles at voyager games are thus: Lore Weaver, Creature Consultant, Chief Science Officer, Company Chaplain, and Star Magus among others.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:41 pm

Torvus wrote:You can. There is a microphone button on the right that, once clicked, will bring up an alphabetical list of all the orders.

Right on, Torvus! This is how they're accessed. We're talking in the other thread about ways to improve the order management system, so if you have any ideas or requests, feel totally free to share them.
RetroPrincess

Postby RetroPrincess » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:07 pm

I found that but it felt like this was stuff already completed.
Almost feels like it needs a bit more seperation such as queued tasks, those in progress and those completed. Maybe I'm looking too much for realtime reassurance haha! I often get lost with what ive started and whats been completed and whats already being done...as per my bug report today I didn't realise that tasks were stored and then completed as and when you built the required facilities. And because I'm a bit slow in the patience department and just press everything until I think it might be working, I ended up with 10 food and drink factories :lol:
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:21 pm

RetroPrincess wrote:Almost feels like it needs a bit more seperation such as queued tasks, those in progress and those completed. Maybe I'm looking too much for realtime reassurance haha!

This is spot on, and I think you're once again entirely correct on this. Orders that have been completed should be automatically removed from the list, but you're right that there needs to be an easier way to see exactly what's in progress currently and what isn't.

I've amended ticket #177 to add some kind of visual indicator for which orders are in progress and which are not. This should represent another big improvement, and I dig the idea in a big way!

Return to “Outer Colony Discussion”