We've Been Grenlit!

Questions, ideas, and general discussion of Outer Colony.
Administrator
Site Admin

We've Been Grenlit!

Postby Administrator » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:48 pm

I just wanted to let everyone on the forums know: we've made it through Steam Greenlight!

We cleared the whole process in only 16 days, which is quite good, based on what I've read in various post-mortem pieces online.

But Outer Colony wouldn't have made it without all the votes and support we got from you guys! Without this community, Outer Colony wouldn't exist, and I want to thank you all so much for your contributions. Celebrate the victory! It's every bit as much yours as it is mine!
kashire

Re: We've Been Grenlit!

Postby kashire » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:09 am

Hell yeah :D Congrats again.

Julie and I are really excited to play. :)

Do you know when the release is?
CubeTwo

Postby CubeTwo » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:28 am

Congrats! :P

ps. Any ETA for new waves for testers?
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:55 am

Fantastic questions, you guys! I know you're itching for the release, and you'll both be in the next batch of testers.

I'm working on a handful of must-have feature requests from Torvus, then I have to add the following sections to the new tutorial system:

1. Order Priority Adjustment
2. Material Refining
3. Manufacturing
4. Essential Room Equipment (Lamps, Miscellaneous Furniture, etc.)
5. Free Form Construction
6. Child Care
7. Material Synthesis

Once I've added these sections, the tutorial should cover most of the absolute bare necessities for a small colony.

Each one of these sections probably involves a day or two of coding. The free form construction section will be especially tricky, because it's a very click-intensive process. It'll probably take me this week to knock out Torvus' essential feature requests and bug fixes, then next week to work through the tutorial additions, but I'm very hopeful that I'll expand the test group by the end of the month.

Sunday's my birthday, and I'm going to take the day off, and a bunch of my time has been soaked up by business development activities. I do apologize for the wait, but we're getting close - it should just be a matter of a couple weeks until you guys are playing!
Torvus

Postby Torvus » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:06 am

Congratulations Sam, but nosurprises here. There's no way a game of OC's quality wouldn't be greenlit.

Administrator wrote:I'm working on a handful of must-have feature requests from Torvus, ... It'll probably take me this week to knock out Torvus' essential feature requests and bug fixes, then next week to work through the tutorial additions, but I'm very hopeful that I'll expand the test group by the end of the month.

Blaming Torvus? Shameful display.
I am Torvus. My titles at voyager games are thus: Lore Weaver, Creature Consultant, Chief Science Officer, Company Chaplain, and Star Magus among others.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:12 am

Torvus wrote:Blaming Torvus? Shameful display.

In truth, I cannot blame Torvus. If only I had the wisdom and foresight to implement these systems perfectly from the beginning, I would not need to improve them! But alas, I am a mere human, and as such, I am fallible.

In all seriousness, your latest round of testing has yielded unbelievably good feature requests and bug reports, and they're so good that I've deemed these tickets' resolutions essential for the next release.

Return to “Outer Colony Discussion”