Tester Sign Up Thread

Questions, ideas, and general discussion of Outer Colony.
Administrator
Site Admin

Tester Sign Up Thread

Postby Administrator » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:08 pm

This thread is the place to let me know that you'd like to test the current build of Outer Colony!

If you've got some free time and would like to give an early version of the game a try, I'd really appreciate any kind of testing you can do! Feedback is always welcome, and it's a vital ingredient in preparing Outer Colony for a wider release. We need to hear from real players! What's good about the game? What needs more work? What did you struggle to understand? What kind of content would you like to see added?

If you think you'd like to give the game a try, check out the welcome thread for testers, found here:
http://forums.outercolony.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34

If that all sounded good to you, and you're willing to play a game that's still got bugs, is a little light on content, and is constantly changing and getting better, then post here! If I can fit you in as a tester, I'll send you a link to download the current version of the game via a private message, and you can join our growing team of testers!

Thanks again to everyone who helps test Outer Colony. It's your suggestions, bug reports, and feedback that makes the game better and better with each new release!
Lodeman

Re: Tester Sign Up Thread

Postby Lodeman » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Hi there, I'd love to help test your game.

Both as a help towards yourself, and as inspiration for my own personal project!
You may know me as @ManOfLode (Kevin Lodeweyckx) :-D

I don't have a ton of time, but I think I can chime in some useful feedback.

Cheers.
Lodeman
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Awwwwww, yeah!! Huge welcome to the boards, Lodeman!! I appreciate all your support on Twitter. We've been following each other for ages, and I'm stoked beyond measure to see you here on the forums.

I'm going to be cutting a new release later tonight, in response to an awesome bug report issued by Anachronic here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48#p517

As soon as 0.5.40 is out, though, I'll send you a message here on the boards.

And if you'd like to talk about your personal project, feel free to post about it on our Game Development forum, here:
http://forums.outercolony.com/viewforum.php?f=6

We've got a few other people who are developing awesome stuff in the community, and I'm always really glad to see the cool projects that you guys are working on.

Welcome, and thanks again for joining up!
Monsteromen

Postby Monsteromen » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:47 am

Hey it's Keith from Twitter! I joined on up to test this awesome looking game! I look forward to testing and talking more!
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:10 am

Monsteromen wrote:Hey it's Keith from Twitter! I joined on up to test this awesome looking game! I look forward to testing and talking more!

The biggest welcome possible, Keith! I've got to thank you, too, for all the support you've shown on Twitter. You've been such a help in spreading the word about the game, and I couldn't be happier seeing you here on the boards.

A message should be in your inbox with a link for downloading the current build of Outer Colony. If you've got any questions, feedback, or would like to talk about anything at all -
really, feel free to post on the boards!

Welcome once more, and thanks so much for being a tester.
minkaron

Postby minkaron » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Heya!

I may not have the most free time between work and school, but hey, I'd be more than willing to spend that time helping you squash bugs. Are there any segments of the game that you would prefer focus be placed -- for instance, the interactive tutorial?
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:35 pm

That is fantastic, Minkaron! I'll send you a download link momentarily!

minkaron wrote:I may not have the most free time between work and school, but hey, I'd be more than willing to spend that time helping you squash bugs.

Oh, don't worry in the slightest, man. I think all of our current users are busy adults, and if you can spend 1 minute testing, that's a bit help. It's amazing that people volunteer to help test at all, and I can't properly express my gratitude for whatever anybody can do!

Are there any segments of the game that you would prefer focus be placed -- for instance, the interactive tutorial?

Right now, all feedback is extremely useful, and the interactive tutorial is a great place to start! What could make Outer Colony easier to learn and to play? What would make it more fun? Suggestions for minor usability improvements are great! If you get confused about something, that means other people will, too, so noting any points where you get stuck is a big help. What sort of additions would you like to see? Do you have any ideas for new features or gameplay elements?

Outer Colony is made for players exactly like you, Minkaron, so whatever you imagine it needs to carry it from where it is now to the perfect sort of game for you - that's what I'd love to hear! I'll send you that link shortly, and thanks again for volunteering to try it out!
Mazarus

Postby Mazarus » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:34 am

I would love to join up as a tester, but sadly, I only have the Mac. So, I'll just have to wait a while.
Questions? Comments? Concerns?
Bob12345tom

Postby Bob12345tom » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:28 pm

I'll Like To Become A tester I Am Looking Forward To This.
Monsteromen

Postby Monsteromen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:17 am

Of course! I have no problem testing out awesome games! I can't wait to see how awesome it is!
Plus I know that you will do the same should I need it :)

Return to “Outer Colony Discussion”