Page 1 of 1

Hello All

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:25 pm
by Mazarus
I'm glad Sam got the forums up in running, and can't wait to actually get the game. I can't wait to see all the destroyed colonies Sam has before the end of the first year. I also can't wait for the activity in the forum to pick up, so more people can meet eachother.

Re: Hello All

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:40 pm
by Torvus
Nice to have you here! The game demo is near. Internal beta testing has begun, bugs are being discovered/fixed, and the game comes ever closer to allowing us to destroy Sam's colonies.

Re: Hello All

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:16 pm
by Administrator
Hi, Mazarus, and welcome to the boards, man!

Haha, that's one of the things I'm finding out as testing moves forward with people other than me. Is Outer Colony really hard, or do most of my colonies fail in the first year, simply because I'm terrible at my own game?

Only time will tell.

Re: Hello All

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:21 am
by Brian
Hi Mazarus, and welcome. I, too, love bustling, small(ish?) forums. Looking forward to this one becoming one.

Re: Hello All

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:41 pm
by Mazarus
Man, I remember when I made this thread, that was a long time ago. So I think a small update is in order.

It's still me Maz, and I'm just getting back into following Outer Colony (Like I should've been). I mean, now that I'm out of high school and in college, I can start to appreciate this thing more than I could when I first joined the forums.

Re: Hello All

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:57 am
by Torvus
Hey, nice to hear from you. As you can see, things are a little slow on the forums of late. The most active discussion of OC is currently going on in a thread on the bay12 forums (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164655.0) hopefully we can get some more activity on our own forums soon.

Bringing you up to speed: In short, Sam has decided to invest in a new, isometric art style, to make the game easier to comprehend and increase over all player apeal, and is currently seeking out a quality pixel artist to give the game a visual overhaul. Most of not all of the coding for this update is done and is just in need of the new sprites.

Congrats on graduation and college acceptance.

Re: Hello All

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:32 pm
by Mazarus
Torvus wrote:Sam has decided to invest in a new, isometric art style, to make the game easier to comprehend and increase over all player apeal, and is currently seeking out a quality pixel artist to give the game a visual overhaul.


Yeah, I can understand the need for that, I'm playing through the tutorial again just to get the basics back, and I'm realizing it's a bit difficult to follow the action at times. But yeah, I remember something about the thread for the Isometric overhaul, and I am excited to see how it all will turn out when it to fruition.

Torvus wrote:Congrats on graduation and college acceptance.


Ah yes, Out of the Frying Pan and into the Fire. Everything is going alright now, I'm already doing classes for my Major in my first semester (Which I've figured out is a bit weird at a liberal arts school), and it's all going smoothly. Of course now is crunch time for deciding my entire future within the next few semesters, so I can start putting myself on track for that career.

But yeah, I think I might post a little more, especially when I open up my own world after familiarizing myself with the tutorial. Best of luck in finding the art director you guys are looking for.

Re: Hello All

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:21 pm
by Torvus
Mazarus wrote:
Torvus wrote:Sam has decided to invest in a new, isometric art style, to make the game easier to comprehend and increase over all player apeal, and is currently seeking out a quality pixel artist to give the game a visual overhaul.


Yeah, I can understand the need for that, I'm playing through the tutorial again just to get the basics back, and I'm realizing it's a bit difficult to follow the action at times. But yeah, I remember something about the thread for the Isometric overhaul, and I am excited to see how it all will turn out when it to fruition.


I have the same problem sometimes. At one point I was arranging furniture on a roof by accident. With each update, usability increases as we move toward a more intuitive UI

Torvus wrote:Congrats on graduation and college acceptance.


Ah yes, Out of the Frying Pan and into the Fire. Everything is going alright now, I'm already doing classes for my Major in my first semester (Which I've figured out is a bit weird at a liberal arts school), and it's all going smoothly. Of course now is crunch time for deciding my entire future within the next few semesters, so I can start putting myself on track for that career.


Due to AP courses, I ended up skipping a few classes and moving straight to major courses. Not the best for the GPA, missing out on all the easy courses

Re: Hello All

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:28 pm
by Administrator
Mazarus, what is up, man?! It's awesome to see you back on the forums!!

Mazarus wrote:Yeah, I can understand the need for that, I'm playing through the tutorial again just to get the basics back, and I'm realizing it's a bit difficult to follow the action at times.

I would actually suggest holding off on playing the existing beta, since it might be good to have someone who can try out the isometric version for us with a fresh perspective. I took the download link to the beta offline today from the front page of https://voyagergames.com/, since the current release isn't really representative of what we'll ultimately have for version 1.0 at this point.

How's college going for you though, man? Do you have any good classes this semester? Are you thinking of majoring in computer science? Let us know how things are going for you, if you get a chance!

Re: Hello All

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:45 pm
by Mazarus
Administrator wrote:How's college going for you though, man? Do you have any good classes this semester? Are you thinking of majoring in computer science? Let us know how things are going for you, if you get a chance!


College has been going pretty steadily, I'm finishing up my first month. I do have a couple of interesting classes, mostly in Accounting and Computing. I'm actually leaning more toward an Accounting degree with Software Development as my minor. I just have had a lot of experience with Accounting and such so I've decided that's what I want to do. I'm still gonna keep going with software development, mostly to keep telling myself I can still have fun making things even if I'm going into an office job. I'm actually joining a fraternity on campus, which in all honesty I thought I never would do. But other than that, it's been pretty great.