Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the OC boards. This is a friendly place, so tell us about yourself and say hi!
Gaberaham Lincoln

Hey Everybody!

Postby Gaberaham Lincoln » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Yo! I've been following the game since Too Many Games last summer, and just discovered this forum, thanks to Sam! I'm a bit late to the party, but happy nonetheless to be here!
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Hey Everybody!

Postby Administrator » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:26 pm

Gaberaham Lincoln wrote:Yo! I've been following the game since Too Many Games last summer, and just discovered this forum, thanks to Sam!

President Lincoln! Huge welcome to the boards, man! It is most righteous to have you here.

Gaberaham was a huge help to me at Too Many Games. I was wearing down a little bit as I advanced far into the con, and I was losing my voice really badly. We hung out for a while, talking tons of Outer Colony, material science, grad school, university radio stations, and a million other topics. Gaberaham is a wealth of information, and I'm hopeful that he'll be able to help out with OC's material modelling as we get closer to release.

I'm a bit late to the party, but happy nonetheless to be here!

Oh, not late in the slightest, dude! We're just getting the party rolling!

How was your fall, man? Have you played any good games lately?
Torvus

Postby Torvus » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:04 am

Welcome to the forums!
I am Torvus. My titles at voyager games are thus: Lore Weaver, Creature Consultant, Chief Science Officer, Company Chaplain, and Star Magus among others.
Gaberaham Lincoln

Postby Gaberaham Lincoln » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Thanks for the generous introduction, and the warm welcome!

Administrator wrote:
Gaberaham Lincoln wrote:
I'm a bit late to the party, but happy nonetheless to be here!

Oh, not late in the slightest, dude! We're just getting the party rolling!

How was your fall, man? Have you played any good games lately?

The fall's had its challenges, but nothing too bad. The end of school terms are always like that, haha.

As for games, I've mostly been waiting on the Steam sale, lately, so I can pick up a few things I've been waiting on (Hyper Light Drifter, Enter the Gungeon, and a few others). The Binding of Isaac is still my biggest time filler, and I've been eyeballing the Antibirth fan update, and the upcoming Afterbirth+ official update. Finished up the latest Pokemon gen, since those are games I consistently enjoy. I also rediscovered my old PS2, and have been searching for/playing some of the games I missed over the years. I still need to return to Final Fantasy 9, which I put on hold when school ramped up. There's always lots of good games. Too many games, even.
Torvus

Postby Torvus » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:43 am

Gaberaham Lincoln wrote:I also rediscovered my old PS2, and have been searching for/playing some of the games I missed over the years. I still need to return to Final Fantasy 9, which I put on hold when school ramped up. There's always lots of good games. Too many games, even.

I picked up a PS2 a few years back to play some old games as well. I mostly use it to play ps1 games though. Someday I will finally beat monster rancher 2
I am Torvus. My titles at voyager games are thus: Lore Weaver, Creature Consultant, Chief Science Officer, Company Chaplain, and Star Magus among others.
Gaberaham Lincoln

Postby Gaberaham Lincoln » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:11 pm

Torvus wrote:I picked up a PS2 a few years back to play some old games as well. I mostly use it to play ps1 games though. Someday I will finally beat monster rancher 2

Oh man, it's been maybe over a decade since I last played a Monster Rancher game, haha. I always loved the disk read gimmick, that stuff was cool. How far have you gotten?
Torvus

Postby Torvus » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:36 am

Gaberaham Lincoln wrote:
Torvus wrote:I picked up a PS2 a few years back to play some old games as well. I mostly use it to play ps1 games though. Someday I will finally beat monster rancher 2

Oh man, it's been maybe over a decade since I last played a Monster Rancher game, haha. I always loved the disk read gimmick, that stuff was cool. How far have you gotten?

The disc reading was brilliant. I rummaged through so many games and cds as a kid. As of this most recent run, I haven't gotten too far yet. I think I've only gotten some B ranked monsters so far.
Gaberaham Lincoln

Postby Gaberaham Lincoln » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:17 pm

I remember saving a pile of DVDs with the best monsters on them. Almost makes me want to find an old copy of the game, and give it a whirl again, but I've got so many other things to play right now (including figuring out the current Outer Colony build!).
Torvus

Postby Torvus » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:52 pm

I Know That feeling. You'd think with a the time I spent playing games as a kid I wouldn't have such a backlog.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:36 pm

I'm the same way as you guys. I have a million games that I need to play, including all sorts of classic, genre-defining titles that I just haven't found time for.

Torvus gave me Planescape Torment for Christmas this year, and I've got half a dozen awesome games from Imperator, including Fallout 1 and 2 that I just haven't found time to dive into yet.

Return to “Introductions”