Greetings!

Welcome to the OC boards. This is a friendly place, so tell us about yourself and say hi!
RetroPrincess
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:24 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Greetings!

Postby RetroPrincess » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:28 pm

Hey guys I'm Retro Princess - I write for an indie review site called Orange Bison and I've also got a growing presence on Twitter and stream games (mainly Indie) on Twitch.
Testing at the invitation of Sam because I'm so excited about the game that I havent been able to sit still!
Looking foward to engaging with you all,
RP
User avatar
Gaberaham Lincoln
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:09 pm

Re: Greetings!

Postby Gaberaham Lincoln » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:33 pm

Welcome aboard Retro! What sort of stuff do you stream on Twitch? I'd love to check out your channel some time!
User avatar
Torvus
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:07 am

Re: Greetings!

Postby Torvus » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:24 pm

Welcome to these hallowed forums.
I am Torvus. My titles at voyager games are thus: Lore Weaver, Creature Consultant, Chief Science Officer, Company Chaplain, and Star Magus among others.
User avatar
Administrator
Site Admin
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:05 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Greetings!

Postby Administrator » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Huge welcome, RP! Great to see you on the boards! With you and Gaberaham and Mazarus here, we're getting the whole crew together. :)

Big thanks for the undo button feature request, too, as that's great stuff. I'm having a ton of fun working with all you guys to streamline Outer Colony and keep improving the usability. With every new feature in response to a request like that, I think the game gets a little bit easier to pick up and a little bit simpler to learn / play, which is exactly the direction we want to go. Way to come through for us here!

Gaberaham Lincoln wrote:What sort of stuff do you stream on Twitch? I'd love to check out your channel some time!


I hope you don't mind my sharing it, but check it out, Gaberaham!
https://www.twitch.tv/retroprincess1

RP streamed a ton of horror games in the summer and fall. I really enjoyed watching her treatment of Dungeon Keeper (an amazing game that's maybe a bit like OC - I'd never seen it before, but loved its looks). Her stream of The Bunker was fantastic, too, but I think my favorite of her shows was Among the Sleep. It's a really amazing game, and RP's treatment of the subject matter was tremendous. If you get a chance to check it out, I very highly recommend it.
RetroPrincess
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:24 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Greetings!

Postby RetroPrincess » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:48 pm

I'm blushing! You've made me out to be a superstar lol!
I stream Indie titles for the most part and the occasional retro title. I'm a Pokemon collector/Master (ha!) so if I'm not here Im on my 3DS pretending I'm best friends with a Pikachu.
I'm returning to streaming on the 7th Jan after a 3 month hiatus due to being between pieces of equipment. Really looking forward to getting back in to it.
Hopefully one day Sam will be letting me stream OC to the masses as I'm so addicted that I have actually planned my meal time this evening around being able to play longer ROFL!!
RP x
User avatar
Torvus
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:07 am

Re: Greetings!

Postby Torvus » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:16 pm

RetroPrincess wrote:I'm blushing!
Hopefully one day Sam will be letting me stream OC to the masses as I'm so addicted that I have actually planned my meal time this evening around being able to play longer ROFL!!


This is the makings of a true fan! Do you have a favorite faction yet?
I am Torvus. My titles at voyager games are thus: Lore Weaver, Creature Consultant, Chief Science Officer, Company Chaplain, and Star Magus among others.
User avatar
Gaberaham Lincoln
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:09 pm

Re: Greetings!

Postby Gaberaham Lincoln » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:03 pm

Administrator wrote:I hope you don't mind my sharing it, but check it out, Gaberaham!
https://www.twitch.tv/retroprincess1

RP streamed a ton of horror games in the summer and fall. I really enjoyed watching her treatment of Dungeon Keeper (an amazing game that's maybe a bit like OC - I'd never seen it before, but loved its looks). Her stream of The Bunker was fantastic, too, but I think my favorite of her shows was Among the Sleep. It's a really amazing game, and RP's treatment of the subject matter was tremendous. If you get a chance to check it out, I very highly recommend it.


RetroPrincess wrote:I'm blushing! You've made me out to be a superstar lol!
I stream Indie titles for the most part and the occasional retro title. I'm a Pokemon collector/Master (ha!) so if I'm not here Im on my 3DS pretending I'm best friends with a Pikachu.
I'm returning to streaming on the 7th Jan after a 3 month hiatus due to being between pieces of equipment. Really looking forward to getting back in to it.
Hopefully one day Sam will be letting me stream OC to the masses as I'm so addicted that I have actually planned my meal time this evening around being able to play longer ROFL!!
RP x


Sounds like a lot of fun, I'll definitely give the channel a follow!

I burnt myself out on Sun and Moon, myself, after going through it thoroughly and religiously for a week straight, haha. That means I'm safe until the Pokebank becomes available. What team are you running?
User avatar
Administrator
Site Admin
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:05 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Greetings!

Postby Administrator » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:47 pm

You guys should definitely sub to RP's channel on Twitch, as it's a ton of fun watching her treatment of all sorts of games. I've learned a lot about games in general from watching her stream, and her followers are great, too. Hanging out in chat with everyone during her show is a lot of fun, and a really solid community has grown up around her content. I'm looking forward to her return in a big way.

What's been your favorite game to stream so far? As a viewer, I've enjoyed all the games you've played, but in different sorts of ways, and it makes me wonder a bit about which sorts are the most fun to tackle as a show creator.

RetroPrincess wrote:Hopefully one day Sam will be letting me stream OC to the masses as I'm so addicted that I have actually planned my meal time this evening around being able to play longer ROFL!!

That would be cooler than cool! Once I've improved usability a bit further and ironed out some ease of use issues, I'd be stoked to see this. I think what you did for Skelattack was tremendous, and watching that stream was a blast. Some of those jumps were pretty hard!
RetroPrincess
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:24 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Greetings!

Postby RetroPrincess » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:14 pm

Its a deal! Would be an awesome stream showing OC off!

Pokemon team is definitely Decidueye, Greninja, Lunala and then I intersperse the others depending on what I'm doing. Completed the story line so I want to get the Pokedex as complete as I can. Wish Pokebank would hurry up lol!
User avatar
Brian
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:14 am

Re: Greetings!

Postby Brian » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:55 am

Hi Retroprincess, good to meet you! I'm Brian, the sound designer for the game. What is your twitter handle, @Retroprincess?
Resident Sound Monkey

Return to “Introductions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest