Torvus

Welcome to the OC boards. This is a friendly place, so tell us about yourself and say hi!
Torvus

Torvus

Postby Torvus » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:40 pm

Hello, I am Torvus and a member of the team behind Outer Colony. I'm responsible for a lot of the lore in the game including most of the works of literature that your expedition can obtain. I also helped with creature development so I had a hand in a lot of the plants and animals you can encounter in OC. I'm not sure if I came up with most of the species but I like to think I came up with the best ones.

I will also be serving as a forum moderator.

Welcome to the forums and I hope good times are on the horizon.
I am Torvus. My titles at voyager games are thus: Lore Weaver, Creature Consultant, Chief Science Officer, Company Chaplain, and Star Magus among others.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Torvus

Postby Administrator » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:29 pm

Torvus, welcome to the boards, man!

Torvus has been a big help on the project. He's played a role in helping to design gameplay, writing lore, devising marketing ideas, providing feedback, and pretty much any miscellaneous task you can think of. A bunch of the neat details that make up Outer Colony worlds have come from his mind. If you encounter something weird, warped, and horrible, especially if it's a creature species, chances are that it's of his doing. Despite his demented creations, Torvus is a sharp character and knows as much about Outer Colony as anyone, so he's a great source of information.

Glad to have you here, dude.
Brian

Postby Brian » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:05 am

Hi Torvus, and welcome!

"I'm not sure if I came up with most of the species but I like to think I came up with the best ones." I love this sentence, and I don't know why.
Resident Sound Monkey
Torvus

Postby Torvus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:20 pm

Brian wrote:Hi Torvus, and welcome!

"I'm not sure if I came up with most of the species but I like to think I came up with the best ones." I love this sentence, and I don't know why.

Thank you. Both for your welcome and for your complimentary view on my sentence construction.
I am Torvus. My titles at voyager games are thus: Lore Weaver, Creature Consultant, Chief Science Officer, Company Chaplain, and Star Magus among others.
Imperator

Postby Imperator » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:46 pm

I think all of Torvus's titles should be stripped and replaced with the highest of titles only worthy of the greatest officer rank to be achieved.
The Space PVE Loot Officer.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:53 am

Torvus wrote:...and for your complimentary view on my sentence construction.

The worst part about Torvus is that he speaks the way he writes. Listening to him is a twisted, surreal, demented experience that no one should have to suffer.

The Space PVE Loot Officer.
[/quote]
A part of him does want to remove all his titles and brand him with this mark of shame. This term derives from a magnificent experience in an ancient SWG guild we all belonged to a decade ago. How can we work "Space PVE Loot Officer" into the Outer Colony experience?
Imperator

Postby Imperator » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:18 am

Perhaps by inventing a randomly occuring nomad that scavanges the edge of space for lost voyagers that have met with disaster. Ever looting the goods from the wreckage and pandering his found goods to the expeditions planet side. However, should you ever invite him into your colony he will immediately demand that he deserves a title of honor amongst you that must be respected. If you decline, he calls you a tyrant and leaves to find another expedition to pester.

He could sell worthless junk with no value at high cost. Make sure to label it as "worthless junk" so you know this is a trick. Or not.. I mean it'd be funny to me if someone bought it.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:47 am

Imperator wrote:Perhaps by inventing a randomly occuring nomad that scavanges the edge of space for lost voyagers that have met with disaster. Ever looting the goods from the wreckage and pandering his found goods to the expeditions planet side. However, should you ever invite him into your colony he will immediately demand that he deserves a title of honor amongst you that must be respected. If you decline, he calls you a tyrant and leaves to find another expedition to pester.

He could see worthless junk with no value at high cost. Make sure to label it as "worthless junk" so you know this is a trick. Or not.. I mean it'd be funny to me if someone bought it.

Hahaha, I'm dying laughing as I think of this. A space scavenger, secretly bearing the title of "Space PVE Loot Officer" - I feel like this absolutely needs to become a part of Outer Colony now.

I also love the way that so many wacky in-jokes have made their way into our codebase. I'm halfway proud of how lunacy-driven our design is.

Return to “Introductions”