Cheers

Welcome to the OC boards. This is a friendly place, so tell us about yourself and say hi!
Lodeman

Cheers

Postby Lodeman » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:40 am

Hi all!

I'm Lodeman, and I found out about Sam's work through twitter.
Over the past few years I've developed a passion for the "colony-simulation" genre. Games such as Rimworld and Outer Colony really appeal to me, even if they vary greatly in art-style.
I love the fact that this game genre always provides for a unique player-driven story, and the inherent difficulty of this genre always makes for a challenge.

Sam's twitter feed is a joy to behold, and an inspiration to an aspiring indie-dev such as myself.
It's great to see all sorts of colorful screenshots and gifs pass along. Often I find myself thinking "now that's an interesting gameplay idea"!

Happy to be on board as a tester, and I'll be sure to give it a test over the course of the extended easter-holiday weekend.

I've been hard at work myself on a game of my own in my spare time. In a nutshell you could say my game is something like "Rimworld on a space-ship", featuring space and planetary exploration.
The game is less about building, and more about exploring the universe and unraveling its myesteries. Although the way you lay out your ship will be very important too.
I'll be sure to share some more details about it once I get it in a more fleshed out state.
One of the downsides of not being able to work on this stuff fulltime, is that progress is naturally slower.
I hope to eventually reach a point in my life that I can do this stuff more often. :)

But I love developing games, and love seeing how other people approach similar problems in similar genres.

Look forward to an interesting and enjoyable stay on these forums.

Cheers (and friday-night beers?) to all!

Kevin
Torvus

Re: Cheers

Postby Torvus » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Welcome, Lodeman! I hope you enjoy your time with us, and best if luck to you on your own game
I am Torvus. My titles at voyager games are thus: Lore Weaver, Creature Consultant, Chief Science Officer, Company Chaplain, and Star Magus among others.

Return to “Introductions”