Imperator Has Arrived

Welcome to the OC boards. This is a friendly place, so tell us about yourself and say hi!
Imperator

Imperator Has Arrived

Postby Imperator » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:31 am

Howdy OC Forums!

I have donned the handle of Imperator for myself. I feel the name has decent connotation to my past service with our beloved Administrator.

Well, I'll try to be concise about myself so let's get started. I have been in the circle of Outer Colony discussion since it's earliest conception and a lot of my brainstorming has gone into the factions you will be playing as, or against. I did give a few suggestions on creatures, additional lore, and item/weapons, but I won't toot my horn more than it needs to be. If I had a real job doing anything credible it would be constantly riding the man behind the game himself to keep pressing forward and sitting in discussion through it's up and down moments. It has been a lot of work for him and the others, so being a bit of comic relief with some witty banter and the impatience to make the Administrator continue working into the wee hours of the night/morning I'd say brought something to the table.

I will be an additional moderator cooperating(perhaps reluctantly) with Torvus, but nonetheless he is an admired friend. I look forward to being a part of this forum and hope everyone that joins will too!

I hope y'all will enjoy your adventures forward because I certainly will!

Prost! Skål! Salud! Cheers!
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Imperator Has Arrived

Postby Administrator » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:18 am

Imperator, so glad to have you on the forums, man!

He's been a part of the project through its previous incarnation as TFR, back to the Unity prototyping days in 2011, and the even earlier, formative discussions that occurred before that. He's basically the father of the Surssian culture, designed a ton of their items and practices, has contributed a mountain of gameplay and design ideas, sat through hours and hours of meetings - the list of contributions could go on, as he's been at the core of development from the very beginning. He and Torvus have come through big time as idea guys, and they've both been supremely helpful in pushing the project in a positive direction. Imperator also kept prodding me forward with new ideas and advice through the darkest days of failure, and Outer Colony wouldn't exist without him.

It warms my heart to see your account on these boards, and brings back those nostalgic memories of forums past. I think I might need to make a special moderator rank for you that's 1 position above Torvus, just so that you can help me keep that maniac in line.
Brian

Postby Brian » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:09 am

Welcome Imperator!

There's something to be said for people who stick with a difficult project and situation no matter what. Thanks for that!

Actually, do you remember our old wiki? Is there any chance of getting a wiki again? I loved reading about all that stuff but I don't remember the term "Surssian." I'd love to brush up on my OC/TFR/BBQ.
Resident Sound Monkey
Torvus

Postby Torvus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:03 pm

Brian wrote:Actually, do you remember our old wiki? Is there any chance of getting a wiki again? I loved reading about all that stuff but I don't remember the term "Surssian." I'd love to brush up on my OC/TFR/BBQ.

I'm sure we will have a new wiki in time. Sam does enjoy the wikis. As for the Surssians, they are the jingoistic loons. They were probably the third coolest faction planned for TFR. Now that the Quarthanid are no longer playable, they've moved up to second place as far as playable factions are concerned.
I am Torvus. My titles at voyager games are thus: Lore Weaver, Creature Consultant, Chief Science Officer, Company Chaplain, and Star Magus among others.
Imperator

Postby Imperator » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:24 pm

Torvus is just jealous. He knows the one and true faction to rally under and tame the wild lands of your new expedition is the Surssians.
:D
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:11 am

Imperator wrote:Torvus is just jealous. He knows the one and true faction to rally under and tame the wild lands of your new expedition is the Surssians.
:D

I feel like Torvus and the backwards culture he'll undoubtedly foster are cancers that will infect any world on which they appear. The only cure is the joining of Surssian and Core World forces to eradicate this idiotic scourge.

Return to “Introductions”