Hey Everyone

Welcome to the OC boards. This is a friendly place, so tell us about yourself and say hi!
CzarQwerty

Hey Everyone

Postby CzarQwerty » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:02 pm

I'm glad the forums are up and running! I look forward to many fun discussions on here and helping everyone destroy Sam's colonies!

Tony
Torvus

Re: Hey Everyone

Postby Torvus » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:17 pm

CzarQwerty wrote:helping everyone destroy Sam's colonies!

Glad to have you aboard!
I am Torvus. My titles at voyager games are thus: Lore Weaver, Creature Consultant, Chief Science Officer, Company Chaplain, and Star Magus among others.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:09 pm

CzarQwerty wrote:I'm glad the forums are up and running! I look forward to many fun discussions on here and helping everyone destroy Sam's colonies!

Tony

Tony, welcome to the boards, man!! So glad to have you here! I owe you an email reply, I've just been up to my neck in fixes this week.

We've got nearly 300,000 lines of code to exercise and fix, and while the implementation is as clean as I could pull off, that's still a vast system to push through QA.

Tony's a top-flight software engineer (I learned much of what I know from him), and he's one of the only people I know that understands the technical challenge of Outer Colony.
CzarQwerty

Postby CzarQwerty » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:16 pm

Thanks for your kind words, Sam.
And yeah, you have a big beast to push through QA. We are here to help!
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:35 pm

Huge thanks, man, and I will aim to get you in on one of the upcoming internal releases for sure!

We're using MantisBT for issue tracking, so you'll feel right at home, if you find any defects that you'd want to report.

I've definitely still got a lot of work ahead of me, but it's my sincere hope that a robust, simple codebase will make fixes easy and the process comparatively painless!
Brian

Postby Brian » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:17 am

Welcome Tony! I love the "destroying Sam's colonies" bit ahaha. Looking forward to it!
Resident Sound Monkey

Return to “Introductions”