Silly bugs, silly tutorials, silly feedback and EVERYTHING oh God i want to shoot someone.

For sharing bugs and usability issues in Outer Colony.
LinaInverse

Silly bugs, silly tutorials, silly feedback and EVERYTHING oh God i want to shoot someone.

Postby LinaInverse » Tue May 16, 2017 12:03 pm

ok.
I'm calm.
*meditates*
Da hell I'm calm

A tutorial map supposed to be thorougly made up, but when I start the tut world of course I'm so lucky that the all weather structure is NOT wanting to place itself (the one to be placed on the right) because of the elevation which is of course ok. I liked that joke.

The game desperately needs a cancel button between the tools. And an Exit option in the upper menu for <name>'s sake.

I'm so stupid I still can't understand why I can't see the yellow squares on mineable and harvestable territories during games' "daytime" and why it disappears.

All my settlers are retards because when I issue a mining order then first they are going to that place ON THE GROUND (z level / pathing bug) than they return to the mine shaft, descend and go to the mining place UNDER the ground. Or wait... was that an easter egg? Than - I've found it.

All my settlers are from shelter #13 because when they're in a building with cots they all sleep on the ground. Poor retards. They must've had a difficult childhood.

Are all the plants on the planet eatable? That's what I think is the only reason why in the inspect window is a bunch of useless info except describing this fact. Also - are all animals herbivore? Or carnivore? Because there is a also a bunch of useless info about them except this.

Well I tried to hunt a "mouse" but they used a rifle. Of course I has survival knives but only Santa knows how to mantain the settlers inventory cause it's not in the Encyclopedia, but instead I have a ton of info about how much is the humidity in that region. But... to hell with that. It's 2017. Who uses knives for hunting in 2017?! Nevermind.

I'm not ready for such a difficult game help system, cause I can't play with a help which describes what actutor or motor has a water ... purifier, let's call him that, but doesn't describes HOW SHOULD I place it - should I place it near the water? can I place it elsewhere and connect to the water with pipes? will the settlers take the water from it or it should be connected to some other utility? But no. Instead I can read from what metals it consists. Maybe there's a code? Should I read each 4th letter only?

Why the "Issue refinery order" window disappears? Why can't I multi-refine? Why there's no description of what metals comes from what ore and what ore consists of what metals at least in the encyclopedia goddamnit... you could write them in the search world window and in the encyclopedia and in the Tile Info at least as chem abbreviations, like "Magnetite (Fe, Ni)" etc.

I understand that when I try to manufacture smth - it shows the necessary building/machinery, but for <samename>'s sake why not to put it into the encyclopedia too? Jesus, even MoO3 Encyclopedia is more informative.

The opened "Search World" window IMHO should've worked when I generate another world...no? Why should i re-open it? Make this window modal then.

Why when I'm manufacturing an item - the not-the-first material choosing sub-window options are giving me the resulting ... what was that... condition (?)
of the resulting (duh) item, but when I'm clicking the first one group - it only changes once. Also it would be cool if I could resize that window cause it's not cool the scroll the description if I want to see it's max temperature for ex.

aaaaaaaaannnnnnd........ I hope the release version will have no www and youtube links cause you know... there are places on our planet where not everyone has internets. Me personally - I have it. But. You know.

P.S.-like-a-sort-of-a

AMD FX 6300 (3.5 GHz)
32 Gigs RAM
2* Gtx 560 Ti (Sli-mode)

And my bitch is stuttering and lagging on a medium world ( Iwon't even try a small one cause the tut was lagging too). Another Easter egg?
what do I mean - it reacts poorly to the WASD map movement and there's a long wait for the inspect window and any other window to show up. Then they are showing double...

P.P.S. By the way - in the last one memory option you're promising HUGE worlds, while I still have only Large! Where are my huge worlds!!! ??? :D

That's all for now, thanks. If I was too rude - that was intensional.
I mean - not intensional.

P.P.P.S.
These all funny moments were before and after the today's update to ... .60 (?)
Last edited by LinaInverse on Tue May 16, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Silly bugs, silly tutorials, silly feedback and EVERYTHING oh God i want to shoot someone.

Postby Administrator » Tue May 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi, Lina. Thanks for giving Outer Colony a shot.

If the game's stressing you out too hard and you're not enjoying testing it, I'd say to put it down and don't worry. I appreciate the work testers do, but it's a volunteer post. If it's really unpleasant, don't do it. Testing a game that's in development is very different from playing a finished one. You might be well served by waiting to try the demo until after we've cut the full release, when we're no longer hunting for bugs, but have them fixed. If you'd like, check back in on the project in a few months or a year, and see if it's evolved into the kind of game you'd enjoy.

I'm also having a bit of trouble understanding what you mean in most of your post. I think it's aiming to be humorous, but that makes it a bit more difficult to parse out the useful feedback. Punctuation and grammar also help to add clarity. If you feel like it, you can break down the problems you had into sentences or bullet points, and I'll take a look at the issues you've encountered. That'd be a big help. You're one of the first people outside the development team to try the tutorial that seems to have had trouble with it, but we can try to use your experience to try to square away some issues.

All my settlers are from shelter #13 because when they're in a building with cots they all sleep on the ground. Poor retards. They must've had a difficult childhood.

This part I think I understand. You have to designate a communal room inside the shelter. If you don't designate how internal spaces are to be owned, then colonists aren't going to use them. You should learn this from the tutorial.

Is English your second language? Perhaps simplifying our word choice in the tutorial might make things easier.
LinaInverse

Re: Silly bugs, silly tutorials, silly feedback and EVERYTHING oh God i want to shoot someone.

Postby LinaInverse » Tue May 16, 2017 3:53 pm

is it better now? or should i make some pictures? I won't leave this game cause i like it. as i see - every game made by small game dev team has some silly bugs, like for ex The Towns game or etc. now I wanted to play DF but it's too complicated for me. now OC is a way better. about the sleeping bug - I'm TOTALLY sure I made it communal.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Tue May 16, 2017 5:11 pm

LinaInverse wrote:is it better now? or should i make some pictures?

Much better! I'll log some tickets in our issue tracking system, and I'll aim to update this thread as I work through them. I appreciate your patience and help in testing. Try not to worry too much, and remember - if you start getting frustrated, take a break! I never want anyone to feel like they want to shoot somebody over Outer Colony.
LinaInverse

Postby LinaInverse » Fri May 19, 2017 6:04 am

Updated my game to 49. Oh, I definitely must make a videofeedback. I'll post the youtube link here later, after I'm back from work. :?

Return to “Issue Reporting”