bugs

For sharing bugs and usability issues in Outer Colony.
Etgfrog

Re: bugs

Postby Etgfrog » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:05 pm

Ok, so the metallurgy station bug. It gets stuck on currently producing the material. I suspect the job completion doesn't cause it to switch back to "Currently Producing: None", which is the requirement to be able to produce things from it.

The landing site I was at ended up having ore be revealed by the landing, so after having the colonists begin to dig it up one of the stockpiles ended up floating and the colonists cannot touch it at all. There is also a corpse stuck under the stockpile.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:42 pm

Good finds as always, man. I'm hoping I can brick off a full 8 or 9 hours on Tuesday to wail on these bugs and get a patch out by the end of the week to fix some of the most major issues that you and Asgarus have found.

Etgfrog wrote:The landing site I was at ended up having ore be revealed by the landing, so after having the colonists begin to dig it up one of the stockpiles ended up floating and the colonists cannot touch it at all. There is also a corpse stuck under the stockpile.

The floating bug is almost certainly the same as the gravity bug that Asgarus also identified. As soon as I crack into the world files he sent me, I should be able to debug this and at least figure out what in the code is causing the problem. With any luck, a fix should follow shortly thereafter.

Again, huge thanks for all the testing you've done. I feel like I need to add something into the game to thank you and Asgarus. If your names appeared carved into ancient ruins, do you think that'd be cool? If you guys have any good ideas for things you'd like to see in-game to honor your efforts, please share them with me!
Asgarus

Postby Asgarus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:16 pm

The problem with the metallurgy station ETGfrog mentioned happened to me, too, but with the Hydrocarbon Refinery. I produced some plastic with it and had to reconstruct it to get it to produce rubber.

Edit: Oh and I wouldn't mind that names on ruins thing.

Return to “Issue Reporting”