Floating items

For sharing bugs and usability issues in Outer Colony.
Asgarus

Floating items

Postby Asgarus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:23 pm

Hi there.

I have a kinda annoying bug (at least I'm assuming it's a bug^^)

All those items you see on the first screenshot are light stone floors. They were left behind after I deconstructed them, which is how it is supposed to.
What's not supposed to happen though is that nobody ever brings them to the storage. I can not destroy them, I can not store them, I can not build anything where they are, and that's fairly annoying.

The second screenshot is one layer deeper, where I tried to dig holes underneath so that they would fall down and I can just forget about them, but NOPE.
They decided to float instead of falling and thus the problem is still the same.

Is there any secret code to start a debug modus and remove the items?

Edit: haha, talking about screenshots...

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Floating items

Postby Administrator » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Asgarus wrote:What's not supposed to happen though is that nobody ever brings them to the storage. I can not destroy them, I can not store them, I can not build anything where they are, and that's fairly annoying.

Welcome, Asgarus, and I'm sorry you're up against this!

This is actually an insanely annoying and game-breaking bug where gravity processing is not functioning as it should be. Torvus has encountered this before, and I was positive that I had definitively resolved it a couple months ago. Your screenshots are extremely helpful, and I'm going to see if I can reproduce it on my end. If I can get a fix in place, I'll publish a release to (hopefully) fix this, which should make the items drop, which should allow your colonists to retrieve them, which should make your world playable once more.

Sorry for the inconvenience, man.
Asgarus

Postby Asgarus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:57 pm

Well, it is still playable, it just doesn't like as nice as it could ;)
The same happens with roofs, by the way.

Would it help to send you my savegame?
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:07 pm

Asgarus wrote:Well, it is still playable, it just doesn't like as nice as it could ;)
The same happens with roofs, by the way.

Would it help to send you my savegame?

That would be an immense help, as I'm having some trouble reproducing the behavior in a rudimentary test. I'll send you a private message with my email address, and if you could zip up the world's save folder and send it my way, that would be a huge help.

Giant thanks again!
Asgarus

Postby Asgarus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Done.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:32 pm

Asgarus wrote:Done.

Huge thanks, man! I just got a fix in place for this, and the update containing the patch should be coming out shortly!

Return to “Issue Reporting”