Burials and butchering

For sharing bugs and usability issues in Outer Colony.
Asgarus

Burials and butchering

Postby Asgarus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:14 am

Today I finally found out how to bury Hizitron, by first "deconstructing" her corpse so that she appears in the burial list.
The same goes for animals to butcher.

So... Hizitron has her grave and tombstone now. But for some reason, Hizitron as well as the three Quotoporos (victims to the pit trap beast) are still listed in the butchering/burial lists.
The requests to dispose of those bodies are still there, too, so that seems like a not so small problem.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Burials and butchering

Postby Administrator » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Asgarus wrote:The requests to dispose of those bodies are still there, too, so that seems like a not so small problem.

This definitely constitutes a major problem. Excellent, excellent find. I was monkeying with both burial and butchery in the last patch to address an issue identified by etgfrog, and I almost certainly broke something.

I'm away from my keyboard and getting dinner with my brother this evening, but I'm going to aim to look at this tomorrow for sure.

Awesome work testing, man, and huge thanks for your help - I now have the world with the gravity issue, too, and these two bugs are my top development priorities.
Asgarus

Postby Asgarus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:09 pm

No problem! This game is awesome, and I think it will become even more awesome.
I'm happy to be able to help :)

The requests don't seem to be bugged, by the way.

The butchered animals disappear from the butchering list, too, obviously, but something is not right with that, I'm just not sure what. I think I can butcher an animal several times, but I might have to check that again.

But already buried people still apear in the burial list. (butchered animals do not, though)
I had to check my storage for which corpses lie in there, but then again there's the problem with the names.
(I'm at a point where I have several dead people with the same name)

I guess you simply forgot to remove a person from the burial list when they get buried,
which doesn't seem to be that bad of a problem ;)
Asgarus

Postby Asgarus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:39 pm

Okay, I checked my storage again, checking if the last corpse had been stored already, when I noticed corpses that should have been long buried.
Then I went through all my storages and found over a dozen corpses in one of them.
My cemetery is filled with graves, though, including basically all of those lying on the storage.

Something must be really messed up there :D

I'll send you a pm with link to an archive with my current world.

Return to “Issue Reporting”