Journalism and Streaming Forum Overview

For discussing game journalism, streaming, let's plays, and related topics.
Administrator
Site Admin

Journalism and Streaming Forum Overview

Postby Administrator » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:09 pm

Welcome to the game journalism and streaming forum!

Game journalism, live streaming, and let's plays are at the heart of the modern game development industry, and this forum is for the discussion of these topics. I've met a bunch of great journalists, streamers, and content creators in my journey, and if you're one of these types, feel free to post here! We're always happy to provide interviews and inside information to interested parties, and feel free to post here if you'd like to get in touch with Voyager Games.

We always want to promote great content creators, especially those who are starting out, too. If you've got a new Twitch channel or blog, feel free to plug it here!

And of course, I'll give some acknowledgements to the wonderful coverage Outer Colony has received from fantastic outlets:

A very insightful interview with Orange Bison, covering many aspects of Outer Colony in great depth.
Episode 3 of the Indie Showcase with The 16 Bit Couple. This was a really fun podcast interview with the very knowledgeable Duo of the couple. It was great meeting these guys at Too Many Games, and I was so glad to talk with them again.
Episode 5 of the IndieView Podcast. This was another really deep, fun interview with Mark on his show, covering tons and tons of information about Outer Colony. If you've got an hour long car ride and want to learn about the game, this is a great listen.

Check out these great Twitch and YouTube channels, too!

Beautiful Panda, streaming some really neat games in a comical manner. I love his Stardew Valley streams!
Mann vs Mann, an absolutely hilarious couple playing all kinds of games! They spotlight a ton of amazing indie games, and I challenge anyone to make it through a video without laughing when they start doing voices for characters.
I can't leave out Retro Princess' Twitch channel, either! She plays indie horror games every Friday, and it's always fun. I loved watching The Bunker, and her treatment of Among the Sleep was tremendous, too.

Feel free to share your own channel, blog, or other content here. I'm looking forward to finding more great creators and talking all about these budding aspects of the computer game industry.
RetroPrincess

Re: Journalism and Streaming Forum Overview

Postby RetroPrincess » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:14 pm

I know I've already spoken to you about Twitch streaming when you are ready Sam but I have a YouTube channel as well if you ever want something done there :D
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:34 am

RetroPrincess wrote:I know I've already spoken to you about Twitch streaming when you are ready Sam but I have a YouTube channel as well if you ever want something done there :D

Absolutely - when the time comes to publicize things more heavily, I'm aiming to give you, Orange Bison, and Beautiful Panda the first crack at showcasing the game. I appreciate the people who have supported the project from its early days, and I want to give you guys the priority access to Outer Colony and Voyager Games that you deserve. Virtually nobody in the world even knows that we exist, but you and Andrew have been with us every step of the way for almost a year. As soon as the game is ready to showcase, you've got dibs, and I will promote your Twitch and YouTube accounts through every channel available to me.
RetroPrincess

Postby RetroPrincess » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:19 pm

I've just made a peculiar noise that I don't think I'l ever replicate but its kind of a cross between Chewbacca and an excited 6 year old girl :lol:

Return to “Game Journalism and Streaming”