Thread of Randomness

For discussing topics that don't fit elsewhere. Please abstain from discussing controversial topics, like politics and religion.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Thread of Randomness

Postby Administrator » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Just needed to post this, because it's a feature request that's too good to miss.

Per a suggestion from Torvus, I'm now showing some more guidance in the manufacturing interfaces to help players with material selection:

Way to go, Torvus. You're coming through huge on the testing / feature request front.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:54 pm

I'm working hard on expanding the tutorial, and I just wanted to share the new sections that teach free-form construction. This guides the user through the process of building a simple hut, which should convey the underlying ideas and mechanics behind structure nodes and free-form construction:
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:19 pm

Just as a quick update to you guys, initial testing of the new tutorial steps is looking good!

I'm going to be incorporating further video tutorials for the next sections about topics like creating landing zones and trade stockpiles, and then I'm going to cut one more release for internal testing. I'll be slightly out of action for the rest of today, but I'm very optimistic that the new build will be distributed tomorrow. This should be the last cut before expanding the test group.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:41 pm

I wanted to share this Tweet, since it represents a fairly large functional enhancement.

Military unit selection can now be bound to ctrl + number keys, and once selected, the right mouse button can be used to rapidly issue movement and kill orders. It's just a fast, convenient way to control personnel during the heat of combat, without needing to pause the game and manually use the detailed tools that are currently available. You can still use all the advanced mechanisms to make preparations, but I think the new way helps smooth out command during the more intense moments of gameplay.

Return to “General Discussion”