Hereri 9 - Exceptional Colony Created!

Share and discuss your favorite colonies!
Asgarus

Hereri 9 - Exceptional Colony Created!

Postby Asgarus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:21 am

Sam asked me to provide some more screenshots of my current colony, so here we go. ;)

The top down view. Here you can already see the farm, the cemetery, the now finished landing site and the stuck trading shuttle. (it's floating at 127, unable to land because they pretend that my landing site isn't there)

One layer below you can already see the second floor of the appartement building. It's simple but not too shabby.

The manufacturing hall and the socialization area are 2 tiles high, because of reasons. You can also see my power lines supplying the surrounding buildings.
(The building on the left is the energy production, as you can see on the next image.

And as promised, the energy production to the left. Also the floor of the socialization area, the child caring area and the first floor of the appartement building..

I'm not gonna screenshot my mines, I don't think there's anything different from everyone else's mines.

Well.. that's my current colony :) I hope you like it.
Torvus

Re: Hereri 9 - Exceptional Colony Created!

Postby Torvus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:58 am

Very nice. What culture did you pick?
I am Torvus. My titles at voyager games are thus: Lore Weaver, Creature Consultant, Chief Science Officer, Company Chaplain, and Star Magus among others.
Asgarus

Postby Asgarus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:26 am

Torvus wrote:Very nice. What culture did you pick?

I usually choose the core world. (this time as well)
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:11 am

That is an absolutely gorgeous colony, man!

I love the strategy of building on top of a leveled out structure as your base. That's going to prevent random plants and junk from growing in the middle of your settlement. I never thought of that before, but I think it's something I'm going to try moving forward. It looks cool as sin, too.

Out of curiosity, are those wind generators producing any power? If they're fully enclosed by walls and a ceiling, there shouldn't be any wind inside the structure, which would mean that they should be producing zero power. It's a boundary case I haven't tested in ages, though.

I love the wooden floors, too. Wood usually has a higher value than most stones, so I'm almost positive your colonists are loving these building interiors. The child care area is very well-made, too. Really, this is among the best user-made colonies I've ever seen. I'm really so happy to see it!!

Have you had any cool events happen yet? Have there been any barbarian raids?

And have you managed to install / influence a local culture that you like for your population?

Great work again, man!
Asgarus

Postby Asgarus » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:32 pm

Thanks^^

Talking about random plants, is it normal that chunks of plant matter appear out of nowhere? Not that it was too hard to fix it, but it took me a bit by surprise^^

The energy building has no walls. It's just dark floor surrounding it to make it look better, same with the cemetery.
And they produce a lot of energy, since two of them are artifacts ;)

I removed the solar generators though because even power lines block the sun.

edit: oops, accidentally submitted this already.

Yeah I like to use different floors, and it would be awesome to have more, differently colored, floors and walls available.

I have deactivated events for now since I am rather slow with getting everything ready because I want it to look good^^

I also haven't messed around with influencing my people, so I can't say anything about that yet.

Thanks again :)

edit: That's the current population, by the way:

Return to “Colonies / Stories”